A Three year progression
Elim Leadership College (ELC) has three internship programmes each of which build on learning gained in the previous years to form a progression from years 1 to 3.
Work-Integrated learning strategy
ELC uses a work-integrated learning strategy which ensures graduates have both knowledge and understanding of Christian leadership and ministry, and have also developed real-world skills necessary to lead and support the local church.
Direct application and integration of learning into the student’s practical ministry is supported by experienced lecturers, online forum discussions and assessments that relate directly to ministry activity.
Level 4 Certificate – Internship
The Certificate in Christian Ministry (Internship) (Level 4) [Ref: 2772] is a 1 year, full-time programme. The content of this programme is divided into two main areas, theoretical (60 credits) and practical (60 credits). Interns work within their home church under a supervisor and supported by a mentor.
Interns learn how to:
- Apply a foundational knowledge of the Bible and Christian belief.
- Build their own relationship with God and help others do the same.
- Build the skills necessary to work in a ministry context.
- Organise and prioritise their own workload.
- Set realistic goals and make plans that work.
Level 5 Diploma – Internship
The Diploma in Christian Studies (Christian Leadership) (Level 5) [Ref: 2793] is a 1 year, full- time programme designed to build on the learning gained in the 1st year. Interns further develop their church ministry effectiveness and leadership skills as well as gaining transferable skills and personal attributes that will stand them in good stead throughout their lives.
Working within their home church under a supervisor and supported by a mentor, interns
learn how to:
- Build their own relationship with God and help others to do the same.
- Apply a broad understanding of theology and biblical foundations.
- Apply key Christian leadership principles.
- Develop teams and accomplish goals in their ministry area.
- Formulate strategies and evaluate a ministry programme as well as their own performance.
Level 6 Diploma – Internship
The Diploma in Christian Studies (Christian Leadership) (Level 6) [Ref: 2773] is a 1 year, full-time programme. It is designed for those in ministry and/or church leadership positions, or who are ready for a senior church management or leadership position.
Transferable skills form a core part of this programme. These include project management, leadership, emotional intelligence, communication, critical analysis, reflection and evaluation. Interns will practically apply these core skills in order to be equipped to operate at a senior level as well as growing their employment opportunities.
Interns learn how to:
- Apply an in-depth understanding of theology and biblical foundations.
- Strengthen their own relationship with God.
- Lead and manage all aspects of a major project.
- Evaluate and respond to the needs and responsibilities required in their own setting.
- Make good strategic decisions to accomplish project goals.
How do I become an intern?
- Pray, asking God for clear direction as to whether Internship is where He is calling you.
- Talk to your Pastor, share what God has shown you and ask for their confirmation of the call.
- Read the information on our website.
- Agree with your Pastor the ministry area you will serve in and discuss responsibilities you would have.
- Discuss a potential supervisor and mentor with your Pastor.
- Once the supervisor and mentor have agreed to these roles, they need to read the Supervisor and Mentor Handbook.
- Complete the online application which is found on the website.
- Gather the required documents and signatures to accompany your application.
- Throughout the application process, continue to pray for God’s leading and wisdom.
Once ELC receives your application, you will be notified by email and advised of the next steps in the enrolment process.
Want to know more?
Complete the form below and we will get the information to you!