Under the Education and Training Act 2020, the Ministry of Education has released the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021. The new Code, in place from 1 January 2022, combines the existing 2020 Interim Domestic Code and 2019 International Code. The new Code sets clear expectations for learner safety and wellbeing in tertiary education and has 22 outcomes. Eight of those outcomes are relevant to Elim Leadership College. Outcomes 1-4 apply to all tertiary learners (students) and Outcomes 8-11 apply to international learners (students).
All tertiary learners (domestic and international)
- A learner wellbeing and safety system
- Learner voice
- Safe, inclusive, supportive and accessible physical and digital learning environments
- Learners are safe and well
International tertiary learners
- Responding to the distinct wellbeing and safety needs of international tertiary learners
- Prospective international tertiary learners are well informed
- Offer, enrolment, contracts, insurance and visa
- International learners receive appropriate orientations, information and advice
Elim Leadership College (ELC) Code of Practice Strategy is available here
The Code, strategy and outcomes are reviewed annually using relevant quantitative and qualitative data and input from students and other stakeholders.