If you want to learn and grow in your Christian life and are active within the Elim movement or other churches throughout New Zealand this qualification may be for you. Perhaps you volunteer in a support role within the church and want to gain a foundational knowledge and understanding of biblical principles and Christian practices.
The Certificate in Christian Studies Level 3 is an NZQA approved qualification. It is a part time programme delivered in the evenings and therefore is suitable for those who want to know more, but perhaps already work, or have busy lives during the day.
Learning Hours and Delivery Hours
- One evening lecture per week (Tuesday night 7-9pm two hours)
- One evening workshop per week (Thursday night 7-8pm one hour)
- Associated readings and assignments – self-directed learning
This is a total of approximately 10 learning hours per week during each school term.
Programme fees are $1,248 (GST incl.) for the year of study. Enrolling per course (term) is not preferred.
For payment options please email [email protected]; this will require the completion of a direct debit form.
The Bible will be your main resource, however you may be required to purchase 1 or 2 additional textbooks. You will be advised via email well before the programme commences.
Courses (Four – one per term)
- Term One – Relationship with God – RWG (Father, Son, Holy Spirit, hearing God’s voice, journaling)
- Term Two – Digging into God’s Word – DGW (The Bible storyline, observing and applying scripture, context)
- Term Three – Biblical Leaders – BIB (Biblical leadership through selected biblical characters)
- Term Four – Living and Sharing Your Faith – LSF (Living your faith, sharing your faith, your God story)
2023 Essential Dates
|Term||Course||Start||Finish||Number of weeks|
|1||RWG||6 February||7 April||9|
|2||DGW||24 April||30 June||10|
|3||BIB||17 July||22 September||10|
|4||LSF||9 October||1 December||8|
|Graduation||at your local church|
International students should enrol in fulltime internship courses, commencing at Level 4.
NZ Immigration has specific requirements regarding international students studying part time.
More information can be found on the NZ Immigration website.
Want to know more?
Complete the form below and we will get the information to you!